- B.S. In Social Work - Utah State University
- M.E. Counseling and Development with focus on Marriage, Couples and Family Counseling - Lamar University - Projected Graduation August 2021
- Prepare Enrich Trained
- Rape and Domestic Violence Shelter
- Crisis and Post Crisis Counseling
- Behavioral Specialist
- Teens in Foster Care
Specialties/Areas of Focus
- Elise is certified in Prepare/Enrich which is for engaged and married couples. She has training in teaching parenting skills, processing trauma, and overcoming anxiety. Her specialities are parenting skills, anxiety, trauma, couples, preparing for marriage, and building confidence.
Elise graduated with her degree in social work in 2006 while working at the local rape and domestic violence shelter. She worked as a crisis and post-crisis counselor as well as leading educational groups for adult and children survivors of abuse. Elise has several years of experience working as a behavioral specialist with adults and children with mental disabilities and traumatic brain injuries. During this time, she used cognitive-behavioral therapy and elements of rational emotive behavior therapy. After a move across the country, she worked with families in crisis providing intensive in-home therapy for parents at-risk of having their child removed for abuse or neglect. She also has experience working with teenagers in the foster care system and women and teenagers with eating disorders. Elise has an open heart and always sees the best in others. She is a calm and safe person who inspires growth and healing in clients through unconditional acceptance, humor, and fidelity.