Amanda Abuah, LCSW-S
Amanda Abuah, LCSW-S - Clinical Therapist in Medicaid Subcontractor Program
- Masters of Social Work
- University of Texas at San Antonio (2011)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- University of Houston (2006)
- 2021 - Present: Alliance Child & Family Solutions, Therapist
- 2021 - Present: Memorial Hermann Hospital, Social Work Case Manager
- 2015 - 2021: Memorial Hermann Mental Health Crisis Clinic, Behavioral Health Clinician II
- 2014- 2015: St Joseph Hospital, Lead Therapist
- 2014-2014: Buena Vida Nursing & Rehab, Director of Social Services
- 2012-2014: Northeast Baptist Hospital Geriatric Unit, Lead Therapist
- 2008-2012: Texas Department of Family & Protective Services: CPS Advanced Specialist IV
Areas of Treatment
Amanda is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker- Supervisor (LCSW-S) experienced working with children, adolescents, adults, and families in various settings. She has worked in inpatient and outpatient treatment settings, as well as in protective services. Some of Amanda's areas of focus include helping clients who are living with anxiety, depression, substance use, and family conflict to discover positive ways to cope. She has a lifelong passion for helping people and believes one of the strongest things a person can do is ask for help.
Amanda will only be seeing Clients with Medicaid on a Part-Time Basis in an effort to expand our community reach.