Laura Bracken, CMH Graduate Practicum Student Intern
- Currently pursuing a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Southern New Hampshire University (exp. 2023)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- West Texas A&M University (2019)
- 2022 – Present: Alliance Child and Family Solutions, Intern
- 2021 – 2022: Canyon Independent School District: gained experience working with adolescents in school settings.
- 2020 – Northwest Texas Healthcare System Behavioral Health: gained experience in a psychiatric in-patient setting working with patients from 5 years old to 80 years old.
- 2019 – West Texas A&M University: Volunteer experience as an undergraduate research assistant, researching intimate partner violence.
Specialties/Areas of Focus
- Adlerian Theory
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
Laura was born and raised in the Texas panhandle and attended West Texas A&M University in her hometown. She is very excited to start her career in counseling in the DFW area with Alliance Child and Family Solutions. Laura has an immense passion for helping youth who are struggling with mental health. She values the importance of others having the courage to seek care and is passionate about ending the mental health stigma. Laura enjoys working with adolescents and is excited to build on her previous experience working with adolescents in groups as well as individually.