Melissa Zawisza, LCSW-S
Melissa Zawisza, LCSW-S - Clinical Therapist for Medicaid Subcontractor Program
- Masters in Science in Social Work
- University of Texas at Austin (2003)
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- University of Texas at Austin (1997)
- 2021 - Present: Alliance Child & Family Solutions, Therapist
- 2020 - Present: Therapist/Owner, Reilly Counseling PLLC
- 2006-2019: Parkland Health & Hospital System, Victim Intervention Program, Director, Manager, and Therapist
- 2005-2006: University of Texas at Dallas Women’s Center, Outreach Counselor
- 2003-2005: Texas Department of Family & Protective Services, CPS Investigator
Areas of Treatment
The majority of Melissa's career has been working with children, adolescents, and adults with emotional and behavioral issues including trauma/abuse, self-harm, anxiety, depression, burnout, and low self-esteem. She primarily works with ages 10 and up in individual or group settings. In therapy, I practice using a strengths-based perspective and person-centered theoretical orientation. Melissa utilizes CBT and Trauma-Focused CBT to help clients learn ways to cope and manage their challenges and identify lessons to help them in the future. As a therapist, she believes therapy is a collaborative process and change is possible.
Melissa will only be seeing Clients with Medicaid on a Part-Time Basis in an effort to expand our community reach.