Anastasia "Stas" Taylor, LCSW-S
- Masters of Science in Social Work
- Direct Concentration in Practice with Children & Families
- The University of Texas at Arlington (2008)
- Bachelors of Social Work, with a Minor in Spanish
- Magna Cum Laude & Member of Phi Alpha, Social Work Honor Society
- University of North Texas (2006)
- 2013 - Present: Alliance Child & Family Solutions, CEO & Founder
- 2011 - 2012: Texas Health Resources, Discharge Planner
- 2009 - 2011: Parkland Health & Hospital System, COPC Social Worker II
- 2009 - 2010: Dallas ISD, Youth & Family Counselor
- 2007 - 2009: Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Development Coordinator
- 2006 - 2007: Department of Family & Protective Services, CPS Conservatorship Specialist II
- 2004 - 2005: Denton County Friends of the Family, Community Educator
University of North Texas, Spring 2014 – Spring 2015
- SOWK 3800.302, .303, .304, .305 (Social Work Practice I Lab) – 1 hour course (Spring 2014)
- SOWK 3800.301, .302, .304, .306 (Social Work Practice I Lab) – 1 hour course (Fall 2014)
- SOWK 3800.001 (Social Work Practice I) – 3 hour course (Fall 2014)
- SOWK 3800.301, .302, .303 (Social Work Practice I Lab) – 1 hour course (Spring 2015)
Anastasia lives in the Fort Worth area and enjoys spending time with her kiddos and two dogs. She is very passionate about foster/adoption causes and is a foster/adoptive parent herself. Two of Anastasia's children are also on the Autism Spectrum so she is both personally and professionally aware of the many challenges families face with their unique struggles and strengths. In her free time, she enjoys a wide variety of interests, including traveling, puzzles, the arts, crafting, gardening, volunteering, sports activities for her children, and frequenting various coffee shops. She is also a proud member of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. and upholds the mission, vision, and motto today.
Areas of Therapeutic Treatment
Anastasia is bilingual in Spanish/English and is passionate about providing services that meet clients where they are at in their journey. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Supervisor (LCSW-S) and is extensively trained in a variety of therapeutic models including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Trauma-Informed Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Motivational Interviewing, and Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI). Anastasia works with ages 3 - 103 and specializes in working with foster care and adoption, blended families, life transitions in late adulthood, social-emotional learning, and trauma for individuals of all ages. Though her role at ACFS is to focus on the daily operations of the agency, she still works in the field providing therapy at various sites on a case by case basis.
Publications & Interviews
Interviewed and Broadcasted on the 08/22/2019 NBC DFW Segment of “State of Mind – Kids Under Pressure” with Wayne Carter: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/Busy-Schedules-for-Children-Can-Lead-to-Mental-Health-Stress-557889671.html
Interviewed and Broadcasted on the 02/19/2019 KTVT KTXA-TV DALLAS-FORT WORTH segment of DFW Unplugged on TXA21 with Anchor Karen Borta on Maintaining Healthy Relationships: https://cbsloc.al/2SPPIGX
Interviewed and quoted in DFW Child’s 01/2019 Edition of Thrive Magazine in Misty Jackson-Miller’s “How To Comfort a Grieving Child With Special Needs”: https://dfwchild.com/2019/01/22/how-to-comfort-a-grieving-child-with-special-needs/
Interviewed and Broadcasted on the 08/04/2018 KTVT KTXA-TV DALLAS-FORT WORTH segment of DFW Unplugged on TXA21 with Anchor Russ McCaskey on Equality: https://cbsloc.al/2ItVKEJ
Interviewed and Broadcasted on the 08/04/2018 KTVT KTXA-TV DALLAS-FORT WORTH LIVE segment of the 4:00pm News on TXA21 with Anchor Gilma Avalos on Bullying: https://cbsloc.al/2PBKIkc
Interviewed and Broadcasted on the 08/04/2018 KTVT KTXA-TV DALLAS-FORT WORTH segment of DFW Unplugged on TXA21 with Anchor Russ McCaskey for Back to School: https://cbsloc.al/2M0RgtH
Interviewed and featured in the 10/18/2017 publication of VoyageDallas Online Magazine "The Most Inspiring Stories in Dallas": http://voyagedallas.com/interview/meet-anastasia-taylor-alliance-child-family-solutions-fort-worth/
- January 2020 received an award as “2020 Healthcare Heroes” by the Fort Worth Business Press.
- April 2019 received an award as “40 Under 40” by the Fort Worth Business Press, an award recognizing entrepreneurs and young professionals who are outstanding in their industries and communities.
- DFW Child Magazine as one of the "Mom-Approved Practitioners" in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 for her work in the Counseling field.
- Voted by the organization Three Best Rated as one of three of the “Best Marriage Counselors in Fort Worth” in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.