Have you ever had a question and didn’t know where to find the answer? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
This section is a compilation of answers to the questions most commonly asked by our constituents. Just start by following one of the links below. If you can’t find the question you wanted to ask, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- I want to feel better. How do I get started?
- How do I know which therapist is right for me?
- What kinds of problems can your therapists help with?
- What kinds of therapies do your therapists offer?
- What ages do you see in therapy?
- What does your agency NOT do?
- What insurances do you accept?
- What if I don't have insurance?
Select Become a New Client or Registrarse como un Nuevo Cliente
Fill out the New Client Form online, enter your information, and submit. We will receive the form automatically and contact you within 48 business hours. However, if you have not heard from us, then please give us a call. We look forward to working with you.
When it is time to schedule, we will be sure to match you with a therapist that is experienced with the concern you list in your intake form AND that has availability at the time you need.
What kinds of problems can your therapists help with?
We have a therapist for all of the following areas of treatment:
• Anger Management
• Domestic Violence
• Grief / Loss
• Sex Addiction
• Sex Therapy
• Sexual Assault
What kinds of therapies do your therapists offer?
We also have therapists trained in the following modalities or methods of treatment:
• Brain-Based Counseling
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
• Play Therapy
• Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
What ages do you see in therapy?
Our therapists work with:
• Geriatric / Senior Community
• LGBTQI+ Community
• Young Children
• (that's code for all ages!)
What does your agency NOT do?
• ABA Therapy - this specialized therapy is only provided by an Applied Behavior Analysis / ABA Center
• EAP Plans - while we might be listed, we do not accept this form of coverage
• Medications - we recommend calling your insurance for a psychiatry referral
• Detox - this specialized treatment is under supervision of a medical professional
• Eating Disorder Only Treatment - while we can work with the underlying mental health issues that may be affecting your eating disorder, this diagnosis requires specialized care
• Psychological Evaluations - we recommend calling your insurance for a psychology referral
• Miracles - therapy is an active process between the Therapist and Client. While we can help you feel better, it takes time, patience, and open communication with one another to succeed.
What insurances do you accept?
We accept all of the following insurances:
• Aetna (PPO, HMO, EPO, Medicaid & CHIP)
• Ambetter Marketplace Plans
• Amerigroup (Medicaid & CHIP)
• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
• Baylor Scott&White Health Plan
• CookChildren's Health Plan (Medicaid & CHIP)
• Cigna (PPO, HMO, EPO, Medicaid & CHIP)
• "Foster Medicaid" / Superior Health / Cenpatico
• Humana / LifeSync
• Medicare (including most managed plans)
• Molina Healthcare
• Parkland Health Plan (Medicaid & CHIP)
• United Healthcare / United Behavioral Health / Optum
• ...and more!
Don't see your insurance listed above? Our New Client Forms give you all of the tools to verify your own insurance. We encourage you to call your insurance plan directly and ask about Alliance Child & Family Solutions or "ACFS Texas" which is sometimes listed directly under our Executive Director, Anastasia Taylor, LCSW-S.
NO INSURANCE? NO PROBLEM! Click the link to read more about our Financial Assistance Programs.
We applaud your desire to get more information about professional counseling and to learn how therapy can help you or a loved one work through life’s challenges. Not sure if we can help or if we accept your insurance? Contact us today, and we would be happy to discuss our services or schedule an appointment with you.