Skip to main content

What We Do

Our Therapists

Young boy looking at counselor.

Our Therapists

For more information about our therapists—including educational background, professional experience and credentials—click "Read More." We look forward to working with you!

Our Interns

Therapist Types

What are the different types of Therapists at your agency?

INTERN / GRADUATE PRACTICUM STUDENT: These individuals are completing their Master's Degree in a therapeutic field of studies, such as Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Play Therapy, or Social Work.  Many are already working in human service-related fields but must complete a Practicum of various levels of hours in order to obtain their degree.  Though these individuals are considered students, they have been extensively trained and are well qualified to provide counseling services.  All of these individuals are under the supervision of Anastasia Taylor, LCSW-S, and have been paired with our Therapists to provide additional feedback, instruction, and support.  Because of their experience, we encourage these students to apply to be a Midlevel Therapist with our agency after graduation.

MIDLEVEL THERAPISTS: Therapists who have completed their Master's Degree and passed the difficult test for licensure to be a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist - Associate (LMFT-A), Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional Counselor - Associate (LPC-A).  Despite having fulfilled all of these educational requirements and having strong knowledge of and experience in conducting counseling, these individuals must complete a minimum of 100 hours of Council-approved supervision, over the course of the 3,000 hours of experience, with a Council-approved supervisor to become a Clinical Therapist.  This process can usually takes between 24 - 48 months for completion.

CLINICAL THERAPIST:  This individual completed all 3,000 clinical hours of experience and 100 hours of supervision to then complete another licensure test to "upgrade" the license to be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).  These individuals can bill insurance and work independently if they so choose to do so.

HOW DO I PICK? If you are a cash pay Client, we actually recommend utilizing a Graduate Practicum Student or Midlevel Therapist as these individuals are equally qualified, but simply cannot bill insurance.  This is the only reason why their rates are more competitive than seeing a Clinical Therapist on a cash pay basis.  Our Customer Service Team / Referrals Department can help guide you through this process to make sure you are paired with the Therapist that best matches your needs.  We ensure that all individuals associated with our agency have significant experience in their fields to provide you with life-changing counseling services.

Our Partners